Based at our Newhaven depot, this important role is integral to ensuring our bus services are safe, reliable and operate within agreed budgets.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the depot’s daily operations and performance, including managing employees, while delivering high quality commercial and contracted bus services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with the Engineering department and local authorities to ensure that adequate resources are supplied for correct and timely services to our customers
- Efficient utilisation of staff, ensuring all our employees uphold the standards expected by Brighton & Hove
- Local trade union discussion and negotiations
- Assisting and supporting where required the supervisors with the successful daily management of the depot, to achieve the expected targets set out in the annual budget and KPIs where possible
- Compliance with all employment and PCV legislation
- Handling staff disciplines and grievances
- Working closely with both the Engineering and Commercial teams
- Some financial performance of the depot
- Coaching and developing staff to ensure on-going personal development
You will need:
- Proven management experience
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to embrace company initiatives
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of controlling and managing budgets
Competitive salary and benefits on offer.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 6th October 2023.