- Additional day leave for Birthday
- Up to 5 days additional leave and up to £1500 allowance towards a leger Shearings Group Holiday
- Free Travel Insurance
- Friends and Family Discount
- Free onsite parking
About the role:
Accountable for the management of a streamlined and efficient operation of all transportation within the Leger Shearings Group. You will develop and implement the transport strategy from initial contracting to product delivery.
- Accountable for the transport logistics strategy for the Leger Shearings Group.
- Continually review developments in coach design and innovation to ensure Leger Shearings Group remains at the forefront of the coach tourism industry.
- Undertake competitor analysis to ensure the product offering is competitive and unique in the marketplace.
- Maintain and develop strong working relationships with suppliers that support and deliver.
- Manage the utilisation and productivity of the entire coach fleet including sourcing new and existing operators to secure Luxuria and Silver Service vehicles.
- Identify new opportunities to expand the fleet further by establishing direct relationships with manufacturers as well as new operators.
- Development and leadership of a team of Coordinators and Assistants ensuring that individuals can achieve their objectives.
- Deliver and promote positive employee engagement, being visible and accessible to the team ensuring effective communication.
- Develop and implement processes which foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Create clear standard operating procedures for the department, providing training and reviewing/updating as appropriate.
- Undertake operational audits to ensure all staff adhere to “best practice”.
- Accountable for the contracting of all transport elements including but not restricted to coaches, ferries, Eurotunnel, taxis and flights ensuring the rates are most competitive in market.
- Accountable for the allocation of tours to the appropriate coach operators.
- Accountable for the final routing of all tours within the UK ensuring an efficient and customer focused operation.
- Control spending against operational budgets to ensure that all financial targets are met.
- Timely resolution of any logistical challenges with the feeder network and drivers which may occur.
- Timely management of on tour quality issues relating to the operation in order to retain the customer.
- Full ownership of all aspects of quality control across all transport types.
- Analysis of key performance indicators and feedback to operators as appropriate to improve standards.
- Oversee the management of the 24-hour duty office and requirement to provide out of hours support for the drivers and customers.
- In conjunction with the Driver Manager, develop a training programme for operators and driver.
- Involvement and/or leadership of cross-departmental projects.
- Lead Member of the Logistics Team for Crisis Management
What you will need:
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and effective people management
- Ideally have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Transport Logistics role within the escorted tours market
- Excellent project management skills
- Agile with a flexible approach to ever changing priorities
- Commercial outlook with strong negotiation skills
- In-depth knowledge of driver hours regulations and coach types
- Experience of managing external suppliers to achieve business objectives
- An excellent communicator with a proven track record of building effective working relationships
- Ability to challenge, influence & negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Customer centric-minded
- Analytical and results focussed
- Highly numerate
- Ability to write senior-level reports for the Executive
To be successful in the role you will have a proven track record of leading transport logistics teams to deliver customer excellence whilst ensuring the cost of the operation remains within budget.
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercially minded individual and is a senior management position within the business.