Full-Time Deputy Operations Director
|Job expires in||19 days.|
|Job Location||London, England, United Kingdom|
How to ApplyIf you are ready to take on this challenge, visit our website at: www.metroline.co.uk/recruitment/current-vacancies for a detailed job description and information on how to apply.
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
Metroline is one of London’s leading bus operators with a fleet of over 1700 buses and 5000 employees. Operating from 14 locations across West and North West London.
We are currently looking for an experienced, ambitious and innovative individual to join our operations team. If you have great leadership skills, a detailed knowledge of bus service operations and a determination to deliver excellent service, then we want to hear from you!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and scrutinising financial budgets for the garages and ensuring that the budget is delivered or exceeded. Ensure that negative variances are highlighted to the Operations Director and a plan is delivered to reduce P&L impact.
- Ensures that the company KPIs are achieved and that performance of the garage exceeds the standards laid down by Metroline and TfL. Manage and control the activities of all garages under your control to ensure the delivery of performance against targets and to minimise any adverse effects of underperformance whether it be financial or employee related;
- Attends meetings with contractors as required to ensure adherence to contract standards;
- Contributes actively to areas of future innovation and project work and able to suggest methods of reducing risk to the business whilst ensuring that garages maintain their lead position for the future;
- Through counselling and coaching and use of the Company Performance Management system, ensures that all direct reports are trained and developed so as to realise their potential. Similarly, ensures via direct reports that all relevant staff at the garage receives appropriate development;
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent senior managerial skills with emphasis on Trade Union engagement. You must be results-oriented and able to think quickly under pressure.
You will work 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday with flexibility required to work over and above these hours and weekends to meet business needs. In return for your commitment we offer an excellent pay and benefits package and free (non contractual) travel on London buses and tubes for you and a nominee.
If you are ready to take on this challenge, visit our website at:
www.metroline.co.uk/recruitment/current-vacancies for a detailed job description and information on how to apply.
Closing Date: 26 January 2018