Full / Part Time Engineering Manager (Bath)
|Company||Bath Bus Company|
|Job expires in||7 days.|
|Job Location||England, United Kingdom|
|Job Categories||Engineering and Management.|
|Job Types||Full / Part Time.|
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
RATP Dev, a subsidiary of the RATP Group, operates and maintains urban and interurban transport networks in 14 countries through over 110 subsidiaries. With above 16,300 passionate and committed high performing employees, our subsidiaries provide performance, dynamism and reliability to our customers and passengers to their networks.
Since 2014, RATP Dev has developed a Business Unit which specialises in hop-on hop-off sightseeing services with open top double-deckers in the most attractive cities in the world. All the group’s sightseeing activities worldwide are part of this dedicated Business Unit.
Bath Bus Company is a small but extremely active company in which management and staff work closely to deliver high service delivery standards. It is however part of the large RATP Dev organisation (Sightseeing Division), reporting to the parent organisation in Paris at regular intervals. In addition to open top bus tours, a very successful Airport service is provided which operates almost around the clock; together with other occasional contract and local services, among which is Imberbus.
The Engineering Manager is required to provide strong, visible leadership of the engineering function, motivating and ensuring a high level of communication with all staff. He must be constantly aware of the engineering performance of the business, monitoring staff levels, stock levels, vehicle availability and other relevant factors to ensure that the operation is attaining or exceeding its targets.
- To ensure that all systems and records are fully compliant with the needs of the Traffic Commissioner and DVSA.
- To ensure that the appropriate numbers and types of vehicles are available in suitable condition to enable the optimum level of service to be operated. Continually assess the workload to ensure that all necessary tasks are allocated and completed within timescales stipulated.
- To effectively encourage and maintain discipline amongst staff employed within the engineering department. To assess and develop all engineering staff to encourage a highly motivated and participative workforce. To comply with schedules for servicing, annual test, livery maintenance, fleet replacement etc. To assist with the recruitment and retention of staff.
- To ensure that issues regarding the health and safety of engineering staff and all others within the garage environment are constantly monitored and potential hazards identified are raised immediately.
- To ensure appropriate levels of staff cover apply in relation to the company’s activities and operations.
Specification of the role:
- Reporting to Managing Director, Bath Bus Company Ltd (and also taking direction from Transport Managers in relation to record keeping).
- Whilst based at Burnett depot, near Keynsham, responsibility for Bath Bus Company’s other operations (such as those in Cardiff) also apply.
- Ideally, the post holder should hold “Transport Manager” status in the sense used by the Traffic Commissioners. Membership of a Professional Institute, attained by examination, would also be an advantage.
- Holding a PCV driving licence would be desirable
- Previous experience in a supervising or management would be an advantage.
- Salary to be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the successful applicant.
Applications and full CV to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or 6 North Parade, Bath BA1 1LF to be received by 21st December 2018