Full-Time Fleet Maintenance Manager
|Job expires in||Endless.|
|Job Location||Monaghan, County Monaghan, Ireland|
|Regions||EU and Republic of Ireland.|
How to ApplyHow to Apply: To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 11th. Please make sure to put the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our Fleet Maintenance Team. Matthews.ie is an expanding company with a fleet of 43 vehicles across commuter, tour and corporate hire services. We are recognised as being leaders in the coach transport industry in Ireland, carrying 4,500 passengers a day on 145 services to and from the north east to Dublin. We have received numerous awards for our ground-breaking work in the areas of management, safety and energy conservation. At the heart of our family-run company is the ethos that the customer experience is paramount.
This is a responsible and varied role which would suit someone who wishes to make a strong impact and progress in their career within a major passenger transport company. A mechanical background would be a strong advantage for this role
Salary: €50,000 – €55,000 DOE Type: Permanent Full Time
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in a similar Fleet Maintenance Management role.
- Experience in negotiating with external providers.
- Be skilled in influencing, negotiating and problem solving.
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in addition to analytical and IT skills with experience using a fleet management system.
- Mechanical experience is a strong advantage.
- Pro-actively manage and ensure that the company fleet is in a safe and roadworthy condition, with an emphasis on preventative maintenance.
- Pro-actively manage and ensure that the fleet maintenance facility is operating within legislative requirements and internal controls, with emphasis on health and safety, environmental and internal financial controls.
- Pro-actively manage and ensure that equipment and facilities used by the fleet maintenance team is fit for purpose.
- Operational responsibilities for fleet maintenance, mechanics and garage facilities.
- Focus on the continuous improvement and efficiency of the Fleet Maintenance Department, demonstrate sustained high performance and effective delivery of results.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, colleagues and suppliers.
- Maintain harmonious working relationship with Suppliers/Vendors within the buying parameters set by the business.
- Schedule and prioritize maintenance of vehicles, in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Manage vehicle and part warranties and coordinate repairs by third parties.
- Ensure all vehicle ‘plug-in’ devices are maintained and working, scheduling repairs and services as necessary.
- Ensure all vehicles have required certification e.g. Tachograph calibration, PSV Certification, Speed limiter calibration, CVRT.
- Be a capable and confident line manager, with experience in rostering, recruiting, performance managing and developing a team of mechanics.
- Line manager to Maintenance Assistant, ensuring appropriate management of stock control and internal IT management systems.
- Maintain and monitor the communications system and chain of custody in relation to vehicles defects.
- Responsible for maintaining emergency breakdown procedures, being the ultimate point of contact when necessary.
- Managing CAN-BUS and GPS Telematics to design effective systems to deliver KPIs, produce statistical data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiencies, improve on fuel efficiency and safe driving behaviours.
- Prepare monthly maintenance report and parts usage.
- Liaise with Transport Manager and Operations Manager on purchasing of new vehicles.