Full-Time Head of Safety and Risk (Fulwell)
|Job expires in||Endless.|
|Job Categories||Head of Safety and Risk.|
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
Head of Safety and Risk / Fulwell
Founded in 2002, RATP Dev operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 14 countries on four continents (United Kingdom, France, Italy, Switzerland, Algeria, Morocco, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, India, China, South Korea, the Philippines, and the United States of America).
With more than 1.5 billion passengers travelling on its networks every year, RATP Dev demonstrates every day its extensive and renowned expertise in a wide range of mobility services, ranging from rail, regional express rail, tramway, to bus, cable car and sightseeing activities.
RATP Dev leverages in France, outside of Paris, and across international markets the technical expertise and experience of RATP Group, the leader in driverless and tramway operations and operator of the Paris network, one of the largest public transportation networks in the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Safety and Risk at our head office in Fulwell. The successful candidate will works closely with Garage Risk Managers, the Premises Manager and will be the liaison between the Claims and Insurance departments (part of the RATP Dev UK SSC) to assist with the control and minimisation of collisions and work related accidents and incidents.
The Head of Safety and Risk will also liaise with external bodies such as TfL, CPT and the Health & Safety Executive concerning H&S issues.
To provide strategic and tactical direction to the Company in the management of risk relating to both occupational health and safety, environmental and road risk in order to:
- Ensure adherence to required Company, contractual and legislative standards
- Develop, implement and co-ordinate the Company’s risk management strategy
- Develop, support and audit relevant quality management and assurance systems across the Company
- Reduce the number of collisions, passenger injuries and pedestrian injuries within targets
- Reduce the number of accidents at work within targets
- Ensure the strategic direction and dotted line responsibility for the garage based risk managers
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent) OR extensive knowledge of occupational road risk factors and mitigation techniques.
- Proven experience in a senior management role and able to contribute as an active part of the leadership team
- Can build rapport and influence at all levels.
- Ability to analyse financial and statistical information to identify trends and take/recommend appropriate remedial action
- Able to manage workload and resource allocation and prioritise and plan to ensure deadlines achieved
- Knowledge of environmental legislation
- Full driving licence
- Experience in managing to OHSAS 18001 standards or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in a transport or transport related environment
- Chartered Member of the institute of Occupational Safety and Health
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements of the role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the recruitment team at the following email address email@example.com