Full-Time Public Transport Coordinator
|Company||Leicester City Council|
|Job expires in||Endless.|
|Job Location||Leicester, England, United Kingdom|
|Job Categories||Public Transport.|
How to ApplyFor an informal discussion please contact Julian Heubeck To apply for this position please go directly to https://secure.leicester.gov.uk/admin-and-clerical-transportation-economic-development-public-transport-coordinator/17405.job
Use the form below to email your application to the employer directly.
You can then track the status of your application through your coachandbusjobs.com account.
The candidate will be the primary point of contact in terms of public transport issues between the City Council and local bus and coach operators and stakeholders such as interest groups, councillors, other authorities and the internal public transport for other Council departments.
The role supports the Public Transport Operations Team Leader, ensuring that public transport services operate effectively, cater for future developments and satisfactorily accommodate special events and roadworks.
It is necessary to have a good awareness of transport legislation, public transport operations and practices and current and future developments.
Requirements of the post:
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- Negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Relevant degree or equivalent level of ability and experience.
- Knowledge of legislation that governs bus and coach operations and service procurement
- Substantial experience of local bus service operations & management